Vancouver Working Peers Lunch & Learn
Location: Clark County Food Bank
Date: December 10, 2018
9 in attendance.
Sign In Sheet
Matt Edmonds, from the Clark County Food Bank shared in-depth information about how our community and the volunteers (ages 5 to 95!) help respond to food insecurity in Clark County. They have been able to provide 6 + million of pounds of food this year to households who most need it. The recent Walk & Knock event gathered 11 semi-trucks FULL of donations and they are working hard to get it distributed now.
Our next meeting Working Peers meeting will be Monday January 14 at NAMI Southwest WA on Mill Plain. We look forward to seeing you there or at one of the many other AWESOME ways you can connect and support each other in community health related events:
Upcoming Events & Support:
- TONIGHT! Friday Dec 21, 5:45 -7pm - Homeless Memorial Service at St. Paul's Lutheran -
- Dec 29, SW WA - Community Health Worker Listening Session (for WA Task Force) 907 Douglas Street, Longview, WA, 98632 RSVP Here
Legislators will soon be making decisions about the future of Community Health Workers. What does it take to be a CHW? What kind of training is needed? What should be required? Share your Voice with the reconvening Task Force and celebrate 2018 with CHAPS & Pierce County CHW'S over a delicious lunch!
- Jan 15 5:30-7pm- Homeless Action Plan & Legislative Session Anticipation Update at VHA Community Room
- Jan 24 Project Homeless Connect at St. Joesph & Point In Time Count
- Feb 7 5:30-7pm - Digging in to the Legislative Session - Legislators and/or their Reps to come talk to us about what’s happening with certain bills, committee hearings, other key dates, etc.
- Feb 26 5:30-7pm Advocacy Day Training & Preparedness
- FEB 28 Housing and Homelessness Advocacy Day when we will FILL THE BUS with authentic community voice and head to Olympia! We will join more than 600 Housing and Homelessness advocates in Olympia for a powerful day of action. Follow #HHAD2019 on social media for updates!
Thank you for being a part of the SW WA Community Health Advocates and Peer Support Network even if you didn't make this last meeting. Reading information, forwarding emails and printing out flyers for the events is also part of engaging, spreading the word, and advocating! Thank you for all you do, when you can do!
We hope to see you next time!