Working Peer Group Meeting Notes
Location: THANK YOU Partners In Careers (PIC) 3210 NE 52nd St, Vancouver, WA 98663 for providing us a welcoming professional meeting space to continue our group's networking and growth.
and thank YOU for supporting each other and bringing great questions and input on extra resources. That makes it a GREAT meeting for everyone. In attendance:
- John McDonald, NAMI SWWA
- Ryan Smith, Lifeline Connections
- Dominique Horn, CHAPS/HLC
- Melissa Berwind, CVAB
- Kay Roberson, Clark County Crisis Services
- Trish Fox-Morey, CRMH Elehan
- Ren Autrey, CHAPS / OutsidersInn
- Ann C, CODA
- Sara Angelo, VHA/CHAPS
- Christina Kaufman, CVAB
- Adam Kravitz, CVAB / OutsidersInn
- Jerri Stanley, SWWA
- Estela Clemente, Choice Wellness
Career Academy at PIC July 2018
Community Referral Document
- Ren Autrey had information about Residents Action Project's recent & upcoming RAP interest meetings happening in the Vancouver area. Details included in the upcoming events area below.
- Kay Roberson brought flyers / reminded us of registration deadlines for the upcoming Peer Pathways Continuing Education Conference on August 28-29. Register here
Other upcoming area events and training supports:
- Wednesday, July 11 from 10:00-1:00 at the Vancouver YWCA (3609 Main St.) join the Washington Low Income Housing Alliance (WLIHA) for two events. The first will be a “Legislative Forum and Listening Session” where WLIHA staff will report back on legislative wins from this year and to get your input on what should be prioritized for the 2019 statewide policy agenda. This will be part of the regular Council for the Homeless Coalition of Service Provider meeting that goes from 10:00 – Noon. The second will be an interest meeting for the Resident Action Project (RAP), a statewide network of advocates led by people who have direct experience with homelessness and affordable housing residents. The stories of RAP leaders about their personal experiences made a huge difference in 2018 – come find out how we can be even stronger in 2019!
- Friday, July 13 from noon to 1pm, Residents Action Project is holding a RAP listening session to get *your input* on the Housing Alliance's 2019 state legislative agenda! This is a great opportunity to learn more about the Housing Alliance and to share your thoughts on what you think are the most pressing housing and homelessness priorities. To join the webinar, use either the link or numbers below:
Phone: +1-646-876-9923 or +1-669-900-6833
Meeting ID for Phone: 630 884526
- Friday, July 13, 8a-9a Join the Parent Meet happening at the O.K. Club House 4040 Plomondon Street, Vancouver, WA 98661 - A chance for parents to grab some coffee and learn about some events going on, within the community. Flyer to share here
- Wednesday, July 18 from 6pm-7pm, Residents Action Project statewide conference call to talk more about in-district lawmaker meetings. To join the call, you can use the number 866-792-9154 and the access code 741-789-6549#
- July 27th, 6pm-8pm is Family Night for Boys & Girls Club of Washington at the Lords Gym 2410 Grand Blvd, Vancouver, WA 98661 For families to come together as a community and build relationships. Dinner will be provided and resources, as well. Flyer to share
- August 16 5pm to 7pm SW CHAPS (Community Health Advocates & Peer Support Network) Bi-Monthly Network Meeting at the Columbia Bank Community Room, 101 East 6th Street Vancouver. The topic will be Supporting our Youth in the Electronic Age.
See you next month!!
**Next Vancouver Working Peer Group meeting:
We will meet at the Lord's Gym where Jerri Stanley of SWWARC and Kleen Street Recovery will share with us information about becoming/being a Recovery Coach and other resources for the SW Washington Recovery Community. Come join in to learn and share resources!
Flyer to download and share
DATE: Monday August 13, 2018 (Second Mondays!)
TIME: 12 noon - 1 pm
**WHERE: The Lord's Gym
2410 Grand Blvd, Vancouver, WA 98661 ( google map )